Foster Care Associates
- What is fostering?
- Why do children need foster care?Types of fostering placement
- Short term foster placementsLong term foster placementsStep down fostering placementsParent and child placementsSibling placementsPlacements for disabled childrenPlacements for sanctuary-seeking childrenRemand foster placementsThe difference between fostering agencies and local authoritiesFostering stories
- Care is… our foster carersChildren and young peoples experiences with FCACare leaver storiesFostering FAQs
- The application and assessment process FAQsFostering finance FAQsFostering placement FAQsScreening and eligibility FAQsWant to foster?
- Can I foster?
- LGBT, gender and fosteringRace, religion and fosteringAgeDisabilityThe fostering process
- Enquiry, application and assessmentPre-approval trainingFostering panel and approvalPost-approval trainingYour first fostering placementHow will it affect my family?Allowances and payments
- Benefits and taxTake the next stepCare is… finding room to fosterWhat type of foster carer are you?Why choose us?
- Transfer to us24/7 local support
- Therapy serviceSocial work supportEducation supportChildren and young people’s support serviceTeam Parenting®Training and career progressionCarerNetFosterTalkRespite and relaxation breaksFoster carer forumFoster in your local area
- Events in CymruNews in CymruOffices in Cymru NorthEastern
- Events in EasternNews in EasternOffices in EasternLondon and Kent
- Events in London and KentNews in London and KentOffices in London and KentMidlands
- Events in the MidlandsNews in the MidlandsOffices in the MidlandsNorth East
- Events in the North EastNews in the North EastOffices in the North EastNorth West
- Events in the North WestNews in the North WestOffices in the North WestNorthern Ireland
- Events in Northern IrelandNews in Northern IrelandOffices in Northern IrelandSouth
- Events in the SouthNews in the SouthOffices in the SouthSouth Western
- Events in South WesternNews in South WesternOffices in South WesternThames Valley
- Events in Thames ValleyNews in Thames ValleyOffices in Thames ValleyWestern
- Events in WesternNews in WesternOffices in WesternYorkshire and Lincolnshire
- Events in Yorkshire & LincolnshireNews in Yorkshire & LincolnshireOffices in Yorkshire and LincolnshireAbout us
- Our valuesRees Centre for fostering researchOfsted reportsNews
We have fostering teams across the country so we’re always right there for you when you need us. Find your local team.
We are Foster Care Associates
We are the UK’s largest independent fostering agency and we’ve been helping people become extraordinary foster carers for over 20 years. We know how important it is for foster parents to have the right support, training and experience to do the absolute best for the young person in their care.
Like most people, you’ve probably got a few questions to ask before deciding whether fostering’s right for you. We can help. Our team of friendly fostering experts, many foster carers themselves, can offer honest and practical advice. Please get in touch.
0800 434 6000
Foster carer stories