How easy is it to change foster agencies?
Transferring to FCA is easier than you might think, you’ll have our dedicated team with you every step of the way. Your application will be fast-tracked, making the whole process quick and easy. We always fast-track experienced foster families through the assessment process - aiming to complete it within just 12 weeks of your initial enquiry.
Meet our Operations Director, Neil Morris to discover the fantastic benefits of transferring to FCA.
The transferring fostering process
- Book a confidential call so we can give you all the information you need to help you decide if we’re the right agency for you.
- Once you’ve made the decision to transfer to FCA, you’ll need to contact your current agency or local authority to let them know you plan to move on.
- You’ll be introduced to your social worker who’ll conduct your assessment, looking at your skills, qualities and experience gained through fostering.
- It’s time to meet the team! You’ll be invited to a preparatory training course where you can meet FCA members and other foster parents too.
- An independent panel will make a recommendation to our agency decision-maker based on your assessment. Once successful, you’ll be an approved FCA foster parent.
You’re never alone with FCA. We’ll be on hand every step of the way to make the transition as smooth as possible for you.
Transferring to FCA is quick and easy. Simply request a confidential call with us today.
All you need to do to get started is to book a time which suits you, and our dedicated recruitment officer will give you a call for a confidential chat to discuss everything you need to know about transferring to FCA.
No pressure, just a friendly chat offering open and honest advice and support about the transfer process.
Remember, when you transfer to FCA you’ll receive:
- Excellent allowances, loyalty bonuses & rewards
- Regular placement opportunities
- A family-feel, inclusive community
- Access to a dedicated, stable support network
When you transfer to FCA you will receive:
A dedicated social worker
You’ll have a dedicated supervising social worker who is your main point of contact. You’ll meet regularly to monitor progress, answer any queries and help you develop your skills.
Our unique Team Parenting® model of support that forms a close-knit team of professionals around you and your foster child.
Excellent training and development
We are committed to providing high-quality training that is accessible and relevant to all of our foster parents.
Highly competitive fostering allowances
On average, our foster parents receive approx £435 per child, per week.
We provide educational support to help to keep your foster child in school and achieving the best they can.
Our therapists will help you understand your foster child so that you can find ways of responding to their needs that will make all the difference to them.
A thriving foster parent community
Regular support groups, fun social activities for all the family and access to The Exchange, our online forum.
Children Participation Services
We really do get children and young people to share their ideas and feedback on what really matters to them. They are also there help your foster child access the very best career opportunities. We are proud to have local participation services that actively engages our children and young people.
Regular Placement Opportunities
Being one of the largest and most reputable agencies mean our services are in high demand across the country. So it won’t be long before you’ll have a child in your care as and when you are ready for them.
Busting Common Myths Around Transferring Foster Agency
July 28 2022
Transferring might be easier than you think. In this guide, we’ll be busting the common myths about transferring; from misconceptions around finances and process, to transferring agencies with a child already in your care.
Top 10 Reasons To Transfer to FCA
July 20 2022
If you’re looking to join a thriving fostering community where you aren’t just a number, but have a voice in effecting real change and improving the lives of the children in your care then discover the reasons why you should transfer to FCA.
Can I transfer if I already foster a child with another agency?
Yes, you can, however, the transfer protocols are slightly different if you already have a child in your care. We will work with you, your current foster agency and the local authority to determine if it’s in the child’s best interests to transfer fostering agency. Some of the things that will be considered are:
- How the child’s care plan would continue to operate under a new agency.
- How the child could be affected by transferring fostering agency.
- What the child could potentially lose and gain e.g., support, relationships, activities.
- How FCA would provide the specific care and support for the child.