Putting foster children first
We’re committed to involving everyone and, at FCA, we’ve adopted a unique approach which helps deliver this in practice. It’s called Team Parenting® – a regional and national network of childcare experts who may work with each child or young person to look after every single area of their well-being. Depending on the child’s needs, this may include therapists, education leads, social workers and a participation service that actively engages children. The child’s birth parents may also be involved. Our culture means everyone involved in Team Parenting® shares what they know and works together regularly to help our children or young people.
Over the years, our Team Parenting approach really has helped to achieve outstanding outcomes for children and young people in terms of their emotional recovery, transforming their lives beyond FCA and into adulthood.
How we deliver Team Parenting®
In order to help our children, young people and foster parents feel safe and secure, we:
- Provide a strong support network around the foster family, 24 hours a day 7 days a week, you are never alone.
- All of our foster parents have consistent, reflective social worker supervision and support to help understand and meet the needs of the children in their care.
- Provide access to a face to face or online comprehensive therapeutic training programme and foster parent groups that help support children through the impact of trauma.
- Hold regular events throughout the year to help foster parents, children and young people bond and have fun together.
A community of support
At FCA our community supports the whole family to foster so children and young people can flourish and achieve their potential.
Our Team Parenting® approach supports children’s recovery from trauma and builds resilience by ensuring:
- All our services have an aspirational culture for all the children and young people in our care.
- We empower our foster parents to understand and respond to the child’s needs.
- Our children and young people are at the heart of everything we do. This provides a positive and nurturing environment for recovery.
- We support and develop our staff teams to think and work therapeutically.
- We pride ourselves on our sense community and we’re committed to supporting every single foster parent every single minute of the day.
- Our determination to be at the forefront of fostering innovation and be creative drives our work with our children, young people and families.
You’ll have confidence knowing that our community and the Team Parenting approach supports the whole family to foster because together we are stronger.
Even more support
Speak to our team
Whether you’re ready to start your journey or just want to chat to an expert, we're here to talk.