Our local education leads are dedicated and committed to helping every child and young person by providing them the opportunity to engage in learning and participate in their school community. Our aim to set them on track for an aspiring and successful future.
We know that, for some young people, education can have challenges, but we ensure our foster parents are supported by our local education leads who have an expertise in championing looked after children.
How our education support and advice can help
We support foster parents by equipping them with the tools and knowledge to help the children and young people they look after overcome their barriers to education and achieve their own potential by:
- Offering training for foster parents – for example; education health and care plans, additional needs, understanding the educational system for looked after children.
- Attending multi-agency education meetings.
- Working closely with the social worker, therapist, participation teams, virtual schools and educational professionals. We use the team approach to support the child or young person.
- Transitioning to secondary education through a variety of different approaches.
Working alongside our foster parents, our education leads have:
- Supported the individual needs of the child.
- Helped address any barriers to learning.
- Facilitated our foster families with the admissions process.
- Maintained excellent school attendance rates and helped to reduce exclusions.
- Acted as an advocate for the child within school environment ensuring their needs are met.
- Supported young people during their GCSE year and with future post 16 pathways including education, employment or training.
Other ways we support
Social Worker Support
You’ll have a dedicated supervising social worker who is your main point of contact. You’ll meet regularly to monitor progress, answer any queries and help you develop your skills.
Our young person is looking forward to his studies and the freedom to work at his pace. Thank you for all the help and support you have given to my young person both emotionally and educational.
Speak to our team
Whether you’re ready to start your journey or just want to chat to an expert, we're here to talk.