Social work support
Whether they’ve been fostering for a few weeks or a few years, all of our foster carers need advice and guidance from time to time.
When you foster with us, your supervising social worker is only ever a phone call away. They’re committed to supporting you – whenever you need them.
Our social work support includes:
- Keeping in regular contact with you, your family and the children you care for both in person and over the phone
- Arranging additional support services such as respite care and access to our Children and Young People’s Support Service
- Liaising with birth parents and local authorities
- Identifying your foster care training needs and help in achieving your development goals
- Keeping records of the progress of looked after children in your care using the Key Developmental Assets (KDA) tool
- Accompanying you to meetings about the child in your care
All children and young people placed with our carers also benefit from the support of their own social worker; usually from the local authority or health trust that placed them. This dedicated social worker keeps in regular contact with the child throughout their placement, carrying out visits and making planning decisions.
To find out more about our social work support and how we can help you, give a member of our team a call today on 0800 023 4561 or click here to send us a message.