We understand that sometimes you’ll want independent advice on fostering issues either when you are applying or even when you are already a foster carer. That’s why we provide all our foster carers as well as our aspiring foster carers with free membership to FosterTalk; an independent organisation offering extensive support to foster carers all over the UK.
Your FosterTalk membership provides you with a wealth of benefits including:
- 24 hour legal advice
- 24 hour counselling support
- 24 hour medical/first aid helpline
- Tax, accountancy, National Insurance and benefits advice and support line
- Legal expenses insurance
- Personal financial advice on matters including mortgages, pensions and savings
- Education support helpline
- Unlimited access to online learning support
- Online carer forums
- Quarterly FosterTalk magazine
- Access to over 4500 fantastic discounts and offers on lifestyle products and services
Prospective Foster Carers Membership
If you are currently applying to become a prospective foster carer, we now offer membership for FosterTalk during the application process.
You will be able to speak to FosterTalk in complete confidence and can use the services as often as you like. The benefits of FosterTalk pre-approval membership include:
- 24 Hour Legal Advice Line
- Tax/Accountancy/Benefits Support Line
- General Fostering Advice Helpline
- 24 Hour Counselling Support Line
- 24 Hour Medical/First Aid Advice
- Education Support Helpline
- Personal Finance Advice including Mortgages, Pensions, Savings etc.
- Quarterly FosterTalk Magazine
- Monthly “SmallTalk” e-newsletter
- Online Learning support from Teachernet (fostertalk.org)
- Over 4500 fantastic discounts on lifestyle products and services
- Online Carer Forums
- Have YOUR Say
- Downloadable fostering information (fostertalk.org)
Once approved, your membership will be extended to included full legal expenses insurance cover for you, your partner, children and parents and any dependent members of your household. For more details, please refer to our membership booklet.
You can find out more about your FosterTalk membership by visiting FosterTalk’s website or contacting one of our advisors today.
From 25th June 2013, FosterTalk have been awarded the contract to deliver Fosterline. Fosterline provides confidential, impartial advice on a broad range of issues of concern to foster carers and those interested in fostering. To find out more please visit the Fosterline website.