Education opens the door to a wealth of opportunities. Yet many children and young people in foster care are denied this opportunity.
We believe that every child should have the chance to reach their full potential – whether that’s through education, employment or training. That’s why we’re dedicated to helping every looked after child achieve GCSEs and other qualifications that will set them on track for a successful future.
How our Education Officers can help
Our team of dedicated education officers work with you to ensure that every child in your care gets the education they deserve. We know that children sometimes avoid school, which is why our education officers work in collaboration with our CYPSS team to help children learn either at home or in the classroom.
Working alongside our foster carers, our education officers have:
- Helped over 95% of the children and young people placed with our foster families into education
- Supported excellent school attendance rates and helped to reduce exclusions
- Helped young people in their final year of secondary school to pass their exams
- Encouraged over 85% of young people over the age of 16 to continue education, or enter employment or training
- Been recognised with a Leading Aspect Award for our outstanding education services
Find out more about Education Support
To find out more about our education support, and it can help a foster child, get in touch on 0800 434 6000 or alternatively, complete our online enquiry form.