Due to continued success and growth FCA is looking to identify skilled and experienced social workers to undertake fostering assessments.
Are you a qualified social worker? Can you produce and present high quality, evidence-based, analytical assessment reports? Are you empathetic and understanding? If so you could be just who we’re looking for.
We need self-employed independent social workers to complete Form F Assessments for potential foster carers. We currently need them in these areas:
- Kent (Medway, Dartford, Orpington, Gravesend, Rochester, Stroud, Gillingham and Faversham)
- Scotland (Fife, Perth and Aberdeen)
- Thames Valley (Hertfordshire, Reading, Oxfordshire, Surrey, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Luton, Milton Keynes, Slough, Wokingham, Berkshire, Bracknell Forest, Windsor and Maidenhead)
- Yorkshire and Lincolnshire
- North Wales
- South (West Sussex, East Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, Bournemouth, Southampton, Poole, Dorset, Isle of Wight)
- South West (Bodmin, Bristol, Gloucester, Somerset, St Austell, Truro and Wiltshire)
- North East
- North West (Cheshire East and Cumbria)
Can I become a Form F Assessor?
To become a Form F Assessor you’ll need to be able to produce and present high quality, evidence-based, analytical fostering assessments and have a sound knowledge of child care legislation which includes the Children Act 1989, Fostering and Adoption Act 2002, the National Minimum Standards for Fostering Services, and Fostering Services Regulations.
You must also be able to fulfil the following criteria:
- Be a qualified social worker.
- Have at least three years post qualification experience of undertaking relevant assessment work.
- Registered with your country’s applicable social work council e.g. HCPC and CCW.
- Hold relevant insurances.
- Willing to attend a mandatory induction day and training days.
- Have your own transport and to be willing to travel.
- Pass statutory and company checks as part of the assessment process.
What can we offer?
We offer competitive fees on a per-assessment basis, as well as travelling expenses. We also offer our Form F Assessors opportunities for consultation and practice development.
We offer higher rate payments for Form F assessors who complete four Form Fs through to approval within time scales.
How do I apply?
If you’d like to apply to become a Form F Assessor with us, please click the link below to fill out an application form.
Form F assessor application form
If you have any questions and wish to speak to someone, please call 01527 556480.
The company takes the requirements of GDPR seriously in ensuring the privacy and lawful processing of personal data provided to us by applicants. Please click here to view our privacy notice which explains how the company will manage your personal data.