No-one can provide you with a better insight into what it’s like to foster than someone who’s done it before. That’s one of the reasons we set up CarerNet.
CarerNet is an online forum just for FCA carers. It gives you free and instant access to information and advice right when you need it – day or night, 365 days a year. It’s easy to use and jam-packed with all the support you need.
What’s on CarerNet?
- Details about local support groups and foster carer forums
- Information on different types of fostering, long term fostering and specialist placements
- Details of activities, training and events in your local area
- The Key Developmental Assets (KDA) tool, where you can track the progress of children in your care and keep a record or your daily experiences as a foster carer
- The Foster Carer Handbook
What do our carers think about CarerNet?
“There’s plenty of information and advice to be found on there and it’s great to have extra support at hand right when I need it.”
“CarerNet is really useful. It helps me to connect with my local fostering community and I get to complete my KDAs on it too, so it helps me to stay organised!”
How do I access CarerNet?
Once you’re approved as a foster carer with us, you’ll be sent your login details for CarerNet. This means you’ll be able to access to it right away.
If you are already a carer with FCA and would like to access CarerNet, please click here.
If you’d like to find out more about CarerNet and how it can help you, give us a call on 0800 023 4561 and speak to a member of our team.