Foster Care Associates
- What is fostering?
- Why do children need foster care?Types of fostering placement
- Long term foster placementsShort term foster placementsParent and child placementsStep down fostering placementsSpecialist Foster placementsThe difference between fostering agencies and local authoritiesFostering stories
- Care is… our foster carersChildren and young peoples experiences with FCACare leaver storiesFostering FAQs
- The application and assessment process FAQsFostering finance FAQsFostering placement FAQsScreening and eligibility FAQsWant to foster?
- Can I foster?
- LGBT, gender and fosteringRace, religion and fosteringAgeDisabilityThe fostering process
- Enquiry, application and assessmentPre-approval trainingFostering panel and approvalPost-approval trainingYour first fostering placementHow will it affect my family?Allowances and payments
- Benefits and taxTake the next stepWhy choose us?
- Transfer to us24/7 local support
- Therapy serviceSocial work supportEducation supportChildren and young people’s support serviceTeam Parenting®Training and career progressionCarerNetFostertalkRespite and relaxation breaksFoster in your local area
- Events in CymruNews in CymruOffices in CymruEastern
- Events in EasternNews in EasternOffices in EasternLondon and Kent
- Events in London and KentNews in London and KentOffices in London and KentMidlands
- Events in the MidlandsNews in the MidlandsOffices in the MidlandsNorth East
- Events in the North EastNews in the North EastOffices in the North EastNorth West
- Events in the North WestNews in the North WestOffices in the North WestNorthern Ireland
- Events in Northern IrelandNews in Northern IrelandOffices in Northern IrelandScotland
- Fostering in ScotlandNews in ScotlandEvents in ScotlandStories from ScotlandOffices in ScotlandGet in touchSouth
- Events in the SouthNews in the SouthOffices in the SouthSouth Western
- Events in South WesternNews in South WesternOffices in South WesternThames Valley
- Events in Thames ValleyNews in Thames ValleyOffices in Thames ValleyWestern
- Events in WesternNews in WesternOffices in WesternYorkshire and Lincolnshire
- Events in Yorkshire & LincolnshireNews in Yorkshire & LincolnshireOffices in Yorkshire and LincolnshireAbout us
- Our valuesRees centre for fostering researchOfsted reports
Fostering in Scotland
Hello, we’re FCA Scotland, the foster carer’s carer. We’ve been changing children and young people’s lives in Scotland for over 12 years, so we know what it takes to become a brilliant foster carer. That’s why we offer exceptional training and support from the minute you join our family – and throughout your fostering journey.
With a wealth of offices across the country, your friendly local support team are never far away. Whether you live in the Highlands or the Borders, Aryshire or Fife, we’re here for you – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Like most people, you’ve probably got a few questions to ask before deciding whether fostering’s right for you. That’s where our team of dedicated fostering advisors comes in. With honest and practical advice on every aspect of fostering, they’ll help you make the right decision for you and your family. To speak to a fostering expert, simply call our freephone number:
0800 023 4561
Your local team